YouTube is one of the most well-known platforms that supports earning money through content creation. Many content creators use this platform and AdSense to promote their content and also to generate income. However, there are specific conditions to meet in order to earn from this platform.
- Earning from YouTube Ads: You can earn by displaying ads on your videos, but you need to focus on creating engaging content to attract viewers. To be eligible for earning, you must:
- Activate two-step verification.
- Ensure your channel complies with copyright and publication policies.
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers.
- Accumulate at least 4,000 public watch hours within 12 months (public watch hours are from regular videos, not live streams or sponsored videos).
- Earning Through Creating an Online Store: This method involves building your own website, showcasing your products, and marketing them in your videos. When someone visits your site and makes a purchase, you earn.
- Earning from Advertising for Websites and Apps: This approach includes promoting websites, apps, or offers within your videos. Advertisers may pay you for directing viewers to their product or service, for example, $100 for each person who downloads their app through your video.
- Affiliate Marketing: If you don’t have your own product or service, you can promote other companies’ products or services through YouTube and earn a commission for each sale made through your referral link.
- Selling Information or Courses: This method is suitable for educational channels. You can create and sell training courses or informational products to your audience.
What Do You Need to Start Earning on YouTube?
- A unique channel idea. Choosing a niche smartly can significantly shorten your path to profitability.
- A substantial audience for your content.
- Skills in presentation, commentary, and the ability to convey ideas clearly.
- Proficiency in video recording, whether using a smartphone or a camera, with an emphasis on producing high-quality videos.
- Video editing skills, which require some effort to learn and gain experience.
- Marketing your videos using keywords, titles, and thumbnails to enhance Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Success Tips for Making Money on YouTube:
Consistency is key. Stick to a regular upload schedule, such as posting two videos per week, to maintain engagement. For example, publishing eight videos in a month.
Be patient and persistent. Success in earning money requires ongoing effort.
Important Warnings for Beginners Before Starting to Earn on YouTube:
- Avoid uploading videos that violate YouTube’s policies. Familiarize yourself with these policies.
- Create thumbnails and titles that accurately represent the video content.
- Avoid misleading titles or descriptions designed solely to attract views.
Common FAQs About Earning on YouTube: